Thursday, May 1, 2008

It is Time to Pray

This morning Pastor Pothoven's (my pastor when I was saved in 1969) devo was from 2 Chronicles 7:14. Today is the national DAY of Prayer. Today is a reminder of our great and unending need for the Lord. We need His grace and mercy because we are a sinful people. I look at my own heart and my desperate and continual need for the grace of God in my life. I am so wretched without Him. How many times have I willfully sinned against the One who gave His life for my eternal life? Lord forgive me! Lord help me! ...The Lord is my Help. He has forgiven me in Christ Jesus.

Lord God continue to be patient with me and help me to turn from my wicked ways.

National Prayer must begin in the individual believer and then in the Church of the living God before this nation or any nation can receive the blessings and healing that a holy and righteous God would desire to pour out on the country.

Let us all humble ourselves, repent and call upon the Name that is above every name and then God will hear us and answer us and heal our Land.

No comments: