Monday, September 15, 2014

Going And Getting




My Ministry and calling is to HELP Indigenous Missions/Ministries in India and Africa. This is fulfilled in two ways. One way is by Going and the other is by Getting.

Yep. Going and Getting is how I fulfill my ministry. 2 Timothy 4:5

My GOING is accomplished by periodic visits to the countries and ministries I am partnered with. In India I am partnered with HIMIndia and Stephen Prasad. Together we started this ministry as an outgrowth of Stephen's Gospel to the Perishing Souls. I began mentoring Stephen online in 2008 and by God's grace and will I was able to meet him face to face in February 2013. This is when we "kicked off" the ministry of Helping Indigenous Ministries in India *(HIMIndia). Stephen organizes pastors into study groups and provides them with pastoral training material and biblical strategies to make disciples of Indians to Jesus Christ. I visit the different areas and teach seminars. In 2013 I taught on the Holy Spirit's ministry in and through the church today. In 2014 Christ was the theme from His birth to His High Priestly ministry in heaven for us today.

I am also partnered with Hope Builders Ministry Zambia. In Zambia I am privileged to know and work with some of the finest Christian Leaders I have ever met. Serving on the board of Directors with 7 Zambian pastors we lead this indigenous ministry by the grace and power of God. My function here is the same as in India. I first met many of these brothers in 2005 when I first visited Zambia on a mission trip. In late 2007 I knew I would be serving them full time and that begun in January 2008.

When "Going" I also am accessing the work on the ground. I serve as an accountability partner to both the ministries in Zambia and India. We desire complete integrity in the use of the gifts God gives us through our faithful donors.

The GETTING is the difficult part of this ministry. The Lord has called me to call His church in America to support these ministries in India and Zambia.  Getting is much more difficult than Going. The challenge is convincing Christians that Indigenous pastors need support so that they can be trained and effectively DO the work of the ministry they are called to do. Of course their calling is to "equip the saints (through the Word of God) to do the work of the ministry" i.e. make disciples.

In today's western church "social missions" have taken precedence over biblical missions. Biblical missions is to take the Gospel to the lost, win them to Christ, organize them into a local church and then teach them all that Christ has taught us (especially focused on the leaders so we don't have to overstay our welcome). That's disciple making. And disciple making takes money. We spend millions in the USA to accomplish this and there is much to do. Sadly we do not spend millions in "missions" on disciple making. Most of the money today goes to social missions, that is, building schools, churches and hospitals, feeding the hungry, digging wells, caring for widows and orphans, even building playgrounds. But alas, though these are good things, none of them are the primary thing, the best thing, and that is obeying the Great Commission to "make disciples."

So I am asking you to pray for me and yes support me in my ministry of "Going and Getting." HIMIndia and HBM Zambia need your support. I need your support.

So come on. Let's Go and Get some of this Great Commission ministry in Zambia and India.

You can partner with Jeff Hawkins and over 2000 pastors in Zambia and India making disciples by praying and giving.

Follow us on Facebook at HIMIndia and HIMAfrica and Hope Builders Ministries Zambia.

Give at www.HIMAfrica.com/share

No comments: